Monday, July 12, 2010

The Usual Wake-Up

Waking up in the middle of the night around the same time every night, looking over to my left to see if you are there next to me. My dreams just seemed so real. You were caressing my thoughts with your words and loving my mind with your tenderness. Having an intellect that I can't overlook or want to deny. Your voice was in my ear. I could hear it. You were next to me. You were holding me and telling me, "baby, everything will be okay. I'm here for you and I don't ever want to leave. I love you." It was real. I know it was real. My heart speaks volumes about how you have occupied the space that was so void and recollects your presence in my times of imaginative living.  When I awake from my fantasy world, I come face-to-face with a cold reality that you are not on my other side. The voice is gone, the hands are missing, the words...they live on but only in my head. Finding my phone sitting next to my pillow wondering if you are awake like I am to answer it and let my voice play through your speaker on the other side...to give me the soothing sound that is you to put me to sleep and keep me down for the rest of the night..."Baby, everything will be okay.  I'm here for you and I don't ever want to leave. I love you." "Can we go to bed baby? Can we be for the rest of the night and come back to each other in the morning?" "Yes bookie. I'll be here." The things that come off your lips and run through my brain starts to relax my nerves and puts my body down for the count. Call your words a cool knock out for I don't wake until the morning time in which I hope to repeat the feeling of knowing that I have you on my side. Living with the reality that later tonight, I will have that usual wake-up...will you answer for me pooh bay?

No comments:

Post a Comment